Here are all the posts that contain NoteTakerMakers for Precalculus. Although many are labeled for PreAP/Honors, I usually used similar ones in regular.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you use these?
I usually have a NoteTakerMaker for each section I cover. They are a blend of definitions, charts, example problems, and problems I want them to try individually or in groups.
Why are some parts of the worksheet in a really big font that doesn’t even fit in the textbox?
I use Calibri 97% of the time, but I also like Chocolate Covered Raindrops and Running for a Cause. If something looks REALLY BIG or doesn’t all fit in a box, it’s probably because it’s in that font. Either download and install the fonts (you usually have to restart Word for it to recognize that it’s there now), or change the font and font size to something you like.
Why can’t I type and change this equation?
I use the old-school Equation Editor 3.0. If you need to edit an equation, double click it to open the equation editor. Learn how to better use Equation Editor here.
Did you make a mistake on this?
Although I’ve tried to fix all known typos, I’m sure there are still some around. Part of the fun of the homework is to try and find the mistakes in the answer key. (But seriously, let me know if you find one–I really do try to fix them!)
- Describing Graphs including increasing/decreasing/even/odd/max/mins; linear functions, piecewise functions, average rate of change
- Transformations using (h,k), Composition of functions, Inverse functions
Quadratics and Polynomials
- Graphing Quadratics and polynomials, solving polynomials, rational and polynomial inequalities
- Connecting lines to quadratics and polynomials
- Exponent rules, Solving exponential and log equations, log review, graphing logs and exponentials, application problems
- Exponential vs. quadratic vs. linear (good intro)
- How fast do logs grow?
- The flowchart method of solving exponentials and logs
- Angles, Unit circle, Graphing sin/cos, Graphing tan/cot, Graphing sec/csc, Inverse trig functions
- Life-size sine curve
- Identities, Sum/Difference/Half/Double-Angle, Equations
- Save the animals warning for before identities
Polar Graphs & Complex Numbers
- Polar Coordinates, Polar Graphing, Complex Numbers in Polar Form
- Desmos Polar Graph Activity Builder
- Intro to Limits (Definition, Left/Right Limits, Piecewise Functions)
- Limits Part II (Finding Limits Algebraically, Continuity, Limits to Infinity)