Here are all the posts that contain NoteTakerMakers for Algebra II.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you use these?
I usually have a NoteTakerMaker for each section I cover. They are a blend of definitions, charts, example problems, and problems I want them to try individually or in groups.
Why are some parts of the worksheet in a really big font that doesn’t even fit in the textbox?
I use Calibri 97% of the time, but I also like Chocolate Covered Raindrops and Running for a Cause. If something looks REALLY BIG or doesn’t all fit in a box, it’s probably because it’s in that font. Either download and install the fonts (you usually have to restart Word for it to recognize that it’s there now), or change the font and font size to something you like.
Why can’t I type and change this equation?
I use the old-school Equation Editor 3.0. If you need to edit an equation, double click it to open the equation editor. Learn how to better use Equation Editor here.
Did you make a mistake on this?
Although I’ve tried to fix all known typos, I’m sure there are still some around. Part of the fun of the homework is to try and find the mistakes in the answer key. (But seriously, let me know if you find one–I really do try to fix them!)
Equations/Inequalities (and other “chapter one” stuff):
- Number Sets, Order of Operations, Equations, Inequalities, Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities
- Composite and inverse functions
- New Unit One of Algebra II: Order of operations, linear and literal equations
- New Unit One Part II: Solving absolute value, power, and radical equations
Linear graphs (includes Absolute Value Graphing) Coming Soon!
- Functions, Domain/Range, Linear Graphing, Linear Equations, Linear Transformations, Graphing Stories, Linear Modeling, Linear Regression, Absolute Value Graphs, Linear Inequalities Graphs
- My second take on Functions, Domain/Range, Linear Graphing, Linear Transformations and Graphing Stories
- Graphing Systems, Solving Systems, Word Problems, Linear Programming
- My correction on the classification of systems
- Systems (graphing, solving), write your own systems word problems
- Add/Subtract/Multiply Matrices, 2×2 determinants and inverses by hand, using calculator to solve, matrix applications
Quadratics (factoring, solving, and graphing)
- Factoring by guess and check; quadratic formula, factoring by GCF and grouping, solving quadratics with imaginary solutions
- A slight restructuring of factoring and solving.
- Graphing parabolas: standard form, vertex form, using complete the square to get into vertex form, applications
- More about parabolas
- And yes, even more about parabolas
- Connecting lines to quadratics and polynomials
- Desmos Activity
- An entire unit of transformations of absolute value, quadratics, cubics, and square roots.
Polynomials (solving and graphing)
- Graphing polynomials, solving polynomials, division of polynomials, sum/difference of cubes, quartic trinomials, complex numbers
- Exponent rules, simplifying radicals with variables, binomial radical expressions, graphing radicals, solving radical equations, rational exponents
Exponentials and Logarithms
- Logs (Intro)
- Logs (properties; solving log equations)
- Logs (Natural and Common, Solving log equations)
- Exponential vs. quadratic vs. linear (good intro)
- How fast do logs grow?
- The flowchart method of solving exponentials and logs
- Add/Subtract/Multiply/Divide Rational Expressions, Solve Rational Equations, Direct/Inverse/Compound Variation, Graphing Rationals
Sequences and Series Coming Soon!
Probability Coming Soon!